CENTER in Santa Fe, NM, is now accepting submissions for the 2020 programs. These opportunities are designed to support photographers throughout the many stages of their creative practice. Starting with funding for works-in-progress via the PROJECT DEVELOPMENT GRANT, to funding a completed series via the PROJECT LAUNCH GRANT, to getting your work into the public eye via REVIEW SANTA FE portfolio reviews, and exhibition via THE CHOICE AWARDS, CENTER supports photographers throughout the life of the project.
TIPS FOR APPLYING ONLINE
Preparing your work for online submissions is an art. So to help you put your best foot forward, we have put together the top 5 tips for you to consider when applying for awards, grants and other opportunities.
1. Best images first - Grab jurors’ attention right away with images with the most impact. The first 1 - 4 images are the most important in the submission.
2. Clear, simple language - Clearly state your project’s focus in the first sentence.
3. Less is always more - Remove redundant images. You are judged by your weakest image.
4. Something new - There is nothing more exciting than finding work that feels fresh. Don’t be afraid to submit work that feels different.
5. Authenticity - Address the personal connection to the subject and describe why you are making these images now.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.
DEADLINE: FEB 25, 2020