Santa Fe Workshops is the premier provider of writing and photography education. This is an opportunity to network and learn directly from respected professionals.
Working with us is both intense and rewarding. Over the years, our seasonal staff have formed life-long friendships and many now have successful careers.
If you are an aspiring photographer, and want to advance your career, submit an application for one of these highly sought-after positions!
Full Time Positions
There are currently no openings for full-time employment with Santa Fe Photographic Workshops.
Part Time Positions
Accounting Assistant (part time, 25 hours/week)
Our objective in hiring an Accounting Assistant is to select an individual who is either experienced or seeking experience in accounting and bookkeeping, brings a formal education, and is excited about the field.
As Accounting Assistant, your main responsibilities will include recording credit card deposits, preparing cash and check deposits for the bank, making regular journal entries into QuickBooks for income and expenses, handling A/P, maintaining vendor files, and reconciling monthly credit card statements.
We enjoy a friendly work environment where inter-office communication is fundamental to the smooth operation of the business. Good communication will help us to support each other and will help this office effectively support the rest of the company. It is essential to have a good understanding of accounting principles but also important to have adequate Microsoft Excel skills and experience in QuickBooks to perform well in this position. Confidentiality is also expected.
- All A/P invoice verification and entry, check printing, some electronic payments, paper filing
- Prepare and record daily bank deposits (cash, check, credit card)
- Maintain physical and digital vendor files
- Reconcile monthly Credit Card Statements
- Making regular journal entries to record income and expenses
- Manage employee accounts receivable and other miscellaneous receivables
- Manage various petty cash accounts (store, business office, admin office)
- Attend office and organizational meetings as helpful and/or when required
- Maintain confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned; as necessary
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Quick Learner
- Demonstrated high level experience using Excel
- Highly organized
- Attention to detail
- Communication Skills
Please submit your resume with a cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our objective is to select individuals who will bring formal education, photographic experience, and resourcefulness to benefit the experience of workshop participants and meet the needs of workshop instructors. Our instructors are working professionals and expect technically proficient staff members.
For seasonal staff members, The Workshops is a place to give your knowledge back to those who want it. Superior customer service is integral to every position and to the overall experience for participants and instructors.
Seasonal positions include:
All applications for seasonal positions will be handled through e-mail to Renie Haiduk, Director of Operations. Her e-mail address is email@example.com. Please note: All materials will be read and reviewed on a Macintosh; please send MS Word documents or PDFs.
PHASE I: Formal Application
- Please download (right click, Save Link As...) the application form (PDF) and open the PDF in Acrobat Reader or Pro (not Preview or your web browser).
Click on the “Add Text Comment” button in the purple bar at the top, and type in the fields. Then save with your name and return as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org along with:
- a current resume,
- one letter of recommendation (this letter should come directly from your reference, not from you -- make sure they include a contact phone number),
- contact information for two additional references, and
- a one-page statement of intent that describes your objectives, and how you believe working at Santa Fe Workshops will benefit your imaging career.
Note: Do not send images at this point
PHASE II: Candidate Selection
Formal applications are carefully reviewed by the Director of Operations and Operations Associate; they are then subject to review by the Director. Those applicants being considered will be asked to send a link to their website or a digital portfolio of work that represents their current photographic style. If submitting a portfolio please send no more than 12 images, JPGs, 72dpi, 3 x5 size, no greater than 50K each.
PHASE III: Interview and Notification
Selected candidates are interviewed via Skype by the Director of Operations.
Notification of award of a position is via telephone by the notification date stated for each application period, and followed-up with information regarding the approaching season.
Positions Available and Application Deadlines
Formal applications must be received within the dates specified. Early or late submissions will not be considered.
Employment Dates: March 2-April 17, 2020 (subject to change)
Application Period: November 11 – January 10, 2019
Hire Date: January 17, 2020
|Asst. Studio Coordinator
Employment Dates: June 20-August 7, 2020 (subject to change)
Application Period: April 6-20, 2020 (subject to change)
Hire Date: May 7, 2020 (subject to change)
|Asst. Studio Coordinator